An Early Lenten Recollection


This year, Lenten comes in early, so my church in preparation, scheduled a Lenten Recollection, a month before Lent, since Lent is a busy time, it was set early so that we will have time or else, it would have been pushed aside and not done at all. We held it somewhere near since no one really wanted to travel far and so, it was an easy and short ride though there was some traffic, it wasn't as bad as we thought and I'd like to think we arrived at the perfect time.  As everything else, nothing is perfect, so the group wasn't complete with some members opting not to go to the overnight function, to each his own I should guess. But I did have a great time although I barely got any sleep at all.

I learned a lot, although there are still a lot of things to take into consideration, I had some realizations and thoughts to ponder, so to speak, within me. Things I take into myself and to be dwelt upon at the proper time.

I don't want to dwell on the nitty-gritty of the event, it is best left unsaid, to be savored by those who attended but I just wanted to share perhaps one thing.... a simple fact we often neglect, OBEDIENCE is not something we should compromise. Sin came about because man was disobedient and easily swayed by temptation, but if we hold steadfast to our obedience, then no temptation can grab a hold of even the tips of our fingers because we chose to obey. Obedience is a choice, we can either choose to obey what is right, or choose to obey our carnal desires. it is really as simple as that.

Just like positivity, we can always choose to see that bad of things rather than the good because everything has its up and downside and it is our choice whether we choose to look at the downside or choose to always look up... I remember a quote I had heard when I was younger, I don't know who said it, but it stuck in my mind, "Always look towards the sun, so the shadow falls behind" I am struck by the profoundness of such a statement, it means always looking up - towards the sun and seeing the brightness of the day rather than dwelling in the shadows and wilting away...

The post has been quite long so I'll rest my fingers now... Hoping to catch a glimpse of you sooner rather than later, and a hope that we'll catch up real again soon...


arrivederci

Comments